Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Week at Sea.

Since I last updated you, I was just leaving San Diego for the Mexican border, where I would be starting the most amazing semester abroad you’ll ever here of. Since then I’ve spent a week on a ship traveling through the middle of the Pacific Ocean (WITH NO WIFI, HORRIFIC I KNOW). But today I can update you because we’ve have hit our first port, Honolulu, Hawaii. While I have not yet stepped off the ship yet to enjoy the majesty of hiking Diamond Head and swimming at Waikiki beach, I can tell you what a week at sea is like on Semester At Sea is like. 

It’s amazing. The first couple days it was cold out and everyone (except myself) was sea sick, but then somewhere around day 3, the sun came out. People weren’t as tired anymore. We gained an hour of time, and then another, and then another. The temperature went up. Everyone was outside. Everyone was making friends with each other. Classes weren’t super terrible. The stairs (are still terrible) are not as bad. 

I leave you this this morning and will maybe (probably not) possibly have another blogpost done for today’s day in Hawaii. If not (probably not), the update will be up when I get to Japan, in like 2 weeks. 

Talk to you later,

-Karin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment