Sunday, March 6, 2016

Spring Break in San Diego

Spring Break haas finally graced me with its presence and I decided to take full advantage of an opportunity to visit my friend who lives in San Diego, California. So when I got out of class on Thursday, I got all my stuff together and got ready to go to the airport. I've never been to California before, so having a friend to show me around is an added bonus. We actually met doing the summer study in Germany this past summer (linked here, here, and here).  The flight was about six hours, so even though I landed at 9:00 pm Pacific time, my body felt like it was past midnight (which makes it a bit harder to navigate through an airport).







So then on Friday, after waking up at 5:00 and laying in bed for like 7  hours until my friend got home from school, she took me to Ocean Beach and Sunset Cliffs. The views were amazing, as you will see from these pictures. 





















The day after that we went into downtown San Diego, which is probably the calmest city I have ever been to. We did some shopping, got some souvenirs, took some selfies, and got dinner while we were there. 
also the starbucks barista spelt my name right without me having to tell her which is some kind of miracle only I could dream for.



France was truly life-changing

Who could hate a restaurant called "the old spaghetti factory"? If you say you hate spaghetti then you're lying. 

And that bring you as up to date as you possibly can be because right now its Saturday night and this is everything I have done so far. Tomorrow apparently an El Nino is supposed to hit so I don't think I'll be doing much. Next week I'll have put the rest of my San Diego trip up so stay tuned for what happens next.

Talk to you later,

-Karin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment