Tuesday, October 28, 2014

DIY Rainbow pumpkin

So for Halloween this year I decided to make some decorations. I had seen some melted crayon art on pinterest and I came up with the idea to melt them onto a fake pumpkin.

Supplies Needed:

  • Light colored pumpkin (I used a fake one) 
  • Crayons
  • Hot glue gun
  • Hair dryer
  • plastic bag


I bought a fake white pumpkin from the clearance section at Michael's for around $4.00

I got the crayons from Target for about $1.00

Hot glue gun is also from target $6.00

And I used my own hair dryer


So I put the crayons in the order that I wanted them to be in one my pumpkin,

and began gluing them on with the hot glue gun





I had to hold each for about 45 seconds in order for them to stay on. Then I began blow drying the crayons on the highest setting.


Once they start bending and melting, you may find that they start to fall off, but that's fine. Keep melting the crayons until all of the wax is melted onto the pumpkin.

It should end up like this.



Ta-da!! That's how you you make a super cool melted crayon pumpkin. Come back Thursday for another fabulous post.

Talk to you later,

-Karin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment