Sunday, May 18, 2014

Spring Break 2014: part 2

My Dad, the dog, and I then embarked on an eight hour car ride to Clemson, South Carolina. The sole purpose of stopping in Clemson was to go on a college tour of Clemson University.  Clemson is ranked #21 of the Top Public Schools, #8 in Up and Coming Schools, and #4 in Happiest Students (the tour guide would not stop talking about the last one).  The students we passed by seemed to have a lot of school spirit, shouting school chants as our group walked passed. The campus is right next to a small downtown area, made up of mostly restaurants and school spirit gear, pretty normal when it comes to college towns. The Clemson campus is also home to John C. Calhoun's mansion, which if you like history like me, was very interesting to find out.


The first place the guide took us was to the main lawn which is overlooked by Tillman Hall and the University Clock Tower 
At some point during the tour I tweeted that we were at the Clemson Library, and they tweeted me back. (I thought this was super exciting and cool).


After the tour was over, my Dad and I decided to check out the John C. Calhoun house/mansion we had pasted earlier. But we showed up during their siesta time so we couldn't go inside. So I got some pictures of the outside and ended up showing my history teacher and getting some brownie points (an added bonus to going on a college tour that exempts you from school).




All in all I really liked Clemson as a school and think that it'd be great to go to school there one day.

Next stop: Monticello, Virginia
Talk to you later,
-Karin xx






No comments:

Post a Comment