Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Month in the Sunshine State

The lack of content for the past month is due to about 80% bad internet where I was staying and 20% lack of motivation to literally do anything except lay around in multiple places. But I did do some stuff, and that stuff was highly documented by yours truly. (If you want to get a real time look at my wonderful existence, here's my snapchat: ohmykarin)

Anyway, the entire reason I was going down to Florida was to drive my grandma's car and dog to her house. So my Dad and I ventured through hours of traffic between Delaware and North Carolina, because everyone else seemingly picked the same day to be one the highway.

Here is my documentation of the journey.


I was really angry with Delaware.

Like really mad.

(this was posted in the afternoon but that will be our secret)








spending 12 hours in the car is not fun especially with traffic
The next day was fairly similar.


We made it to Savannah in the early afternoon, it was very humid out


Saw Juliette Low's house, it was nice.

Here is my review of Savannah
And,

Finally in Florida, the real vacation began. 

I went to the pool,

Went to a Lightning v. Ranger game with my Dad,


Rangers won 

My Dad and I then drove across Florida to go to Cocoa Beach and the Kennedy Space Center. Honestly the space center is one of the coolest places I've ever been to and it makes you want to go to space really badly and gives you an interesting look into what goes on before and during missions, including the physics of the shuttles and the effects of space on the human body. (if you cant tell i really really want to go to space) In Cocoa beach, we were hoping to see the sunrise but it was pretty gray out. 














this was at sunrise, though cloudy and gray, it was still pretty epic



Back on the other side of Florida, we went to Myakka River State park to see the "real Florida". I've got to say that the "real" Florida is one beautiful place

took some great pics, showcased here













We also went to a part of the park called The Birdwalk and this was the picture of the only birds in sight
My Dad had to go back to work after that, so the rest of my break was spent mostly by myself, and occasionally my cousin and grandmother would stop by (My parents have a beachfront timeshare) so the I spent pretty much everyday doing this:


pretty much everyday


I had a great time evading skin cancer




some nice wildlife

some great ice cream
 Where I was staying there was a little shopping district with overpriced touristy stuff, but it's nice to treat yourself every once in a while. The only form of transportation I had was a bicycle after my Dad went home so I had to make sure not to buy anything I couldn't carry while on a bike, which isn't much.

All good things must come to an end, and this trip was no exception. I got to the airport at 5:30am, half asleep got through tsa, and finally got on the plane for my 7am flight home. One good thing about an early(ish) morning flight is that you get to see the sunrise from 30,000 feet, and boy was it worth it.








And this happened immediately after we landed


I hope you enjoyed looking at my Florida vacation (as much as any other post I've written)! And I hope you check back in next Sunday for whatever wonderful thing I come up with next!


Talk to you later,

-Karin xx






















No comments:

Post a Comment