Sunday, August 2, 2015

Summer Study: Woche 3

I left Paris a couple days ago, and due to my extreme procrastination and lack of time management, and horrible internet quality in both hotels, this post is going up a week late and next week will be about my French Adventure. oops.

Monday July 13, Day 15: Today we, as a whole class, took the public transit bus to Osnabruck. (A bus full of American kids on a regularly quite empty bus angered a lot of old people) We walked through the Altstadt of Osnabruck and went to the place where the treaty for the 30 Years War was signed. We then walked 1.5 miles in the rain to an Energy Education Center where the German hosts that came with us got to have a debate on the renewable energy crisis happening in Germany right now.




Tuesday July 14, Day 16: Four hours of Sprachkurs. My friends stole my phone. 




Wednesday July 15, Day 17: We went for a small tour of Munster and then had some free time to explore the old city part of Munster. I wished we had more time because it was so pretty and nice to walk around, but I guess that just means I have to go back sometime...






my phone gets stolen a lot, even when I'm sitting right there...



Thursday July 16, Day 18:  I went horseback riding for the first time in like, 3 years. Prior to getting on said horse though, I fell off the bike I rode to the horse stables. So I was positive I was also going to fall off this horse. I didn't, but the fear was real. I made sure I got plenty of documentation of my horseback riding and here it is.



Friday July 17, Day 19: Last day of Sprachkurs today. (Thank god) Myself and Theres then went into town after school and hung out at the park and the Castle Gardens too. It was pretty nice. 
Castle Gardens

Charlottensee with a view of Schloss Iburg


Saturday July 18, Day 20: Big day today. In the early afternoon my Host family took me to a city called Bielefeld, which was nice, but there wasn't much to see or do there except go to H&M, and I wasn't really happy about going there for the 13th time either. We had lunch there and later in the day we went to an exchange student party, for the last fun time everyone would be together. The party made me realize how much I was going to miss everyone, Americans and Germans alike. (considering that all of the Americans live all over the country, its not like I can drive 10 minutes and meet them for coffee)  I'm going to let the pictures do the rest of the talking for today... 



Sunday July 19, Day 21: (still somewhat drunk from the night before) My host family took me out for brunch and kindly gave me a going away present that almost made me cry because their hospitality throughout my entire stay at their house. When we got back home from brunch I proceeded to finish packing, take a nap, then unpack half my bag because I couldn't figure out what to wear to our official last dinner (which would be the last time I'd see all my friends because my train to Paris was at 7:53 am the next day). (I also had my phone stolen for the final time in germany, with an endless photo stream to prove it) At the end of the dinner when we had to leave, I was this close to becoming a wreck, but I held myself together long enough to get back into my room at "home" and had myself a good cry whilst looking at all my polaroids and photos from the past three weeks.




We then proceeded to draw all over each other
and then I cried while representing my German school
In an effort to not make this any longer than it already is, my Paris adventure will have to wait until next week ;)

Talk to you later,

-Karin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment