Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Local Landmarks: Washington Rock State Park

Since it has been so nice out lately, and I've been getting better, I went with a friend to Washington Rock State Park. Washington Rock is only five minutes from my house driving, so it is easy enough to hang out with some friends there whenever you want.
Basically, during the Revolutionary War, Washington and his troops had sent up camp where this park is now because you can see for miles when looking out from the edge. Washington used this to his advantage in order to spot when and where British soldiers were coming. 

Now its more or less used for looking at the skyline of New York City in the far off distance 

And there's always a flag because America.
 (There were actually quite a lot of people there, which was surprising because usually no one is there)
 My friend and I then decided (more like I decided) to check out the trails that were also part of the park


 It was so serene and beautiful walking through the trees (instead of sitting inside on the computer as usual)


 (I also found a secret trail that I decided to venture down)
 Oh look nature... so pretty

If I can do it, so can you! Go check out a local landmark near where you live and rediscover it again, you never know what you'll find.

Talk to you later,

-Karin xx

No comments:

Post a Comment